R i i t t a..O i t t i n e n
MA (Economic and Social History, University of Helsinki). Researcher, critic & science editor and journalist, and a partner in Data Harvest CO. You can see my list of publications here, and some of my projects here.
I take a special interest in urbanism, vernacular culture and photography. I am currently doing research on representations of Europe. It is a project on Histories, Images and Europeans. It includes a project Eurosigns – Branding Euro(pe) from above, below and sideways. My other current interest is urban history and scenery, especially call shops and small scale entrepreneurs. I am also working on a PhD dissertation The Market for Quackery in Finland at the Beginning of the 20th Century (University of Helsinki).
I share my time between Brussels and Helsinki.
Memberships in professional associations
- Finnish Composers’ Copyright Society (Teosto)
- Finnish Association of Non-fiction Writers’ (Suomen tietokirjailijat)
- Finnish Union of University Researchers and Teachers (Suomen tieteentekijöiden liitto)
- Finnish Association of Science Editors and Journalist (Tiedetoimittajat)
- Finnish Critics’ Association (Suomen arvostelijain liitto)
sieben linden 2013
PUBLICATIONS – PROJECTS – EUROPE – CALL SHOPS – PHOTOS